Re: blink-cursor-mode under ttys

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: blink-cursor-mode under ttys
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:06:21 -0500

>> In my xterm, blink-cursor-mode doesn't work.  Looking at the code I don't
>> see any not and indeed it can be made to work by changing

> Please don't do this, at least not without a lot of user
> requests. Have we had any such requests?

I hate blinking cursors, don't worry.
I just found it odd that on ttys, the blinking code is currently active,
even tho it has no visible effect (but only because the blinking code
happens to have no known bug).  So I think we should at least turn off (by
default) blink-cursor-mode in terminals.

Richard said:
> Could you change internal-show-cursor to set a flag to cause redisplay to
> do whatever needs to be done?

Indded I could, if I knew enough about redisplay :-(

        Stefan