Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:04:36 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I don't know how many people are using the Themes code, but it is
   pretty understandable to me (and I wasn't even the original author).

I should clarify that when I wrote:

   So the only way to find bugs is to read the source code and see
   what it does.  Did anybody ever do that?  I tried and concluded
   that it was just an incoherent bunch of nonsense, that was not
   worth trying to fix.

I was referring to the _original_ Themes code that I tried to read and
fix several months ago.  But there appear to be many remnants of that
code in the present code.

There are still several things in the code that look like a complete
mystery to me.  I gave you one example in custom-save-variables.

Sincerely,

Luc.