Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 15:34:24 -0500

> Maybe we should add a subroutine which does this, to help people
> get it right every time.

This subroutine is basically what we need.

(defun custom-set-theme-variable (theme symbol value)
  "Record variable SYMBOL as being set by custom theme THEME, and set it to
VALUE."
  (custom-push-theme 'theme-value symbol 'user 'set value)
  (funcall (or (get symbol 'custom-set) 'set-default)
           symbol (eval value)))