Re: rmail-spam-filter: can't save

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: rmail-spam-filter: can't save
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:19:16 +0100

   From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
   Cc: address@hidden

       I tried to load and install rmail-spam-filter and when trying to save my
file (C-c S a), I got this:

       Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "#")
         read(#<buffer init.custom.el>)
         byte-code("Àp!?" [read] 2)
         byte-code("ÄÅ!?`ÆÇÈ?<address@hidden       `|??#`*?" [sexp
start symbol first forward-comment 1 nil (byte-code "Àp!?" [read] 2)
((end-of-file ...))] 4)
         custom-save-delete(custom-load-themes)
         custom-save-variables()
         custom-save-all()
         rsf-custom-save-all()
         call-interactively(rsf-custom-save-all)

   It looks like (custom-file) returned "init.custom.el".
   And it looks like there is somethig in that file that
   read can't deal with.  Can you figure out why?

In fact the file was corrupted (dunno how and why but it was). The problem is
now gone and no longer require spending time on it. I simply droped the old
file and created a fresh one from scratch. Now saving my spam filter rules
works like a charm.

I should have told you so but I forgot to do so.

Xavier