Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Starnge comment in Custom Theme code.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:55:52 -0500

      That doc says that to enable
    a theme permanently, you have to put (load-theme 'FOO) in your .emacs
    file.  If you load a theme interactively, it is only for the current
    session.  I completely agree with this particular setup.

It is entirely consistent, but it is not very good.  Everything else
about custom themes can be done with a convenient interface, but
permanently _using_ a theme requires writing Lisp code.  That is not
good.  We need a convenient interface to permanently adjust the set of
themes.

I agree now that making various custom operations do so is not the
right interface.  But we need to add a good one.  Telling users "edit
.emacs" is not adequate.

Perhaps the interface could be to customize custom-enabled-themes.  We
could make enable-theme and disable-theme work with Custom so that
they won't make it a rogue value.