Re: bug in minibuffer-complete-and-exit, fix included

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: bug in minibuffer-complete-and-exit, fix included
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:51:27 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
here's a test case. run emacs -q, then evaluate these forms:

  (setq completion-ignore-case t)
  (read-buffer "buffer name: " nil t)

enter *scrATCH* at the prompt. it returns *scrATCH*, but it should return
*scratch*.

I can't reproduce it here.  If I start `emacs -Q' and then copy your two
lines of code into *scratch* then hit C-x C-e after the first and C-x C-e
after the second and enter *scrATCH* read-buffer returns "*scratch*".

I know Ryan posted a patch against CVS, but FWIW in Emacs 21.4
read-buffer returns "*scrATCH*".

--
Kevin