Re: Blank lines being added to Info dirs.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Blank lines being added to Info dirs.
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:33:27 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   Did you perhaps install a new version of Texinfo lately?

I have been using 4.8 for some time now.  Maybe I just recently
noticed the problem, or maybe I just recently one way or the other
got a blank line between entries somewhere (which apparently is what
triggers the behavior).

   Can you see if a line
   gets added if you run install-info manually from the shell's prompt to
   update the entry for ada-mode?

What seems to happen is that if an entry has a blank line underneath
it, install-info removes that blank line and adds a new blank line
_above_ the entry.  Running it a second time produces no second blank
line, because the blank line below is gone.  But if I then run
install-info on the next entry (autotype), the blank line below
autotype is removed and a new blank line above autotype and below
ada-mode appears.  Now running install-info on ada-mode gives yet
another blank line above ada-mode.  Because of this, the net result of
running make-install is to add one blank line between the AUCTeX and
ada-mode entries each time I run make-install.

Maybe the bug is local in that I should not have any blank lines
between entries to begin with.  I will try to remove them by hand and
see if that solves the problem.

Sincerely,

Luc.