Re: Block cursor in a tty

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Block cursor in a tty
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:21:57 +0200

On 2005-12-28 22:02, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >     I do see such reasons: write_glyphs calls tty_hide_cursor and update_end
> >     calls tty_show_cursor.
>
> > I'm surprised, but glad, that it is so easy.
> > Please install your patch.
>
> Actually, as mentioned, the patch is 100% guaranteed untested.
> I don't know how to test it.

Running Emacs in a console terminal on FreeBSD, where the default cursor
has been configured in /etc/rc.conf with:

    cursor="destructive"        # Use an underline- instead of block-cursor

turns the cursor to block cursor immediately.  I'll patch my local Emacs
installation and report back later today, Stefan.  Thanks for coming up
with a patch so fast :)