Re: TNT not working reliably in Emacs

From: Scott Evans
Subject: Re: TNT not working reliably in Emacs
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:28:45 -0800 (PST)

> > Are there any known, perhaps longstanding, quirks with
> process-send-string
> > or process filters?  Would anybody be interested in checking out the TNT
> > code to see if it does something that's just plain wrong?  I'd be happy to
> > point folks to the pieces of code in question.
>
> Show us the code.

Okay.  Download a copy of my latest here:
  http://www.antisleep.com/tnt.tgz

There's a lot of debug in these files, from me trying to trace through and
see what's happening.  All of the debug output is placed in a buffer
called *gse-debug*.  (a clean, mostly-sans-debug version can be obtained
from sourceforge CVS.)

You'll need an AIM account (preferably with a few buddies) to really test
this stuff, since the problem occurs while logging in.

As far as I can tell, the login string that is sent to tocstr-send-flap1()
is consistent in success/failure cases.  That's why I wonder if
process-send-string(), or Emacs' underlying filter code, is not working
right.  But - who knows, I may be chasing the wrong thing entirely.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

gse