Re: Customizing faces with `defcustom'

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Customizing faces with `defcustom'
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:31:16 +0200

>     In the patch below I added a new group `mode-line-faces'
>     with the following faces belonging to it:
>
>     mode-line
>     mode-line-inactive
>     mode-line-highlight
>     mode-line-buffer (new face)
>     display-time-mail-face
>
> Could you install that, with mode-line-buffer renamed
> to mode-line-subject-matter?

I think `mode-line-subject-matter' is the worst name among all proposed
so far.  For the user wanting to customize the appearance of the buffer
name in the mode line, the face with `subject' or `matter' in its name is
the last thing to look at.

Meanwhile, I found that XEmacs uses the name `mode-line-buffer-id' to
highlight the string from the variable `mode-line-buffer-identification'
in the mode line.  It seems a good name.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/