Re: Bootstrap failed during compile of process.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failed during compile of process.c
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:56:07 +0200

> Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:31:44 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs Devel <address@hidden>
>
> I no very little about network programming. I searched a bit in the
> files and here is what I found:
>
> I looked in the header files for MinGW5 and sockaddr_in6 is found in
> ws2tcpip.h. This is consistent with
>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/sockaddr_2.asp
>
> Where should ws2tcpip.h be included? Or should it currently?

I don't know, and I have no time to look into the intricacies of using
winsock in the w32 port (in particular, src/s/ms-w32.h makes a point
of forcing windows.h not to include winsock.h, for some undisclosed
reason, and the build uses winsock.h, which is incompatible with
ws2tcpip.h, instead of winsock2.h).

So I simply disabled IPv6 support for the w32 build, for now.  (FWIW,
I think it was a mistake to introduce it so close to a release for
other platforms as well, but that's history now.)

Please resync with CVS and try building again.  It should build now.