Re: Reset buttons in Customize (Was: Bug, probably related to Custom The

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize (Was: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:03:13 +0200

On 2006-01-04 12:58, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, an even better simplification is what I previously suggested:
> do away with the concept of "set for current session", and make
> Customize save automatically.  This eliminates the above confusion
> entirely, because the current value is always the saved value, as long
> as you stick to Customize.  (And even external changes would be easy
> to handle.)

I regularly use "set for current session" to test changes that affect
the way things work, but revert to my saved settings a while later.
Being able to experiment with several customizations at once, without
fearing that I will ruin my ~/.emacs file is, in my opinion, something
that for me works as a motivation to experiment with new customizations.

I'd be sad to see this go away, but this is perhaps just me.