Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:20:35 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>
>    By clicking on the "Set for current session" and "Save for future
>    sessions" buttons.  Simple, no?
>
> Will not work for "Show Standard Value".  Saving will fix that value
> in the user's .emacs, overriding later changes to the default and
> overriding theme values.  That _may_ be what the user wants.  But he
> might also just want to get rid of his customization, by having no
> line whatsoever in his .emacs for that option, thereby seeing later
> changes to the default and theme values.

That one is easy -- if value is the same as the standard value, do
what you just said, and don't leave the line in .emacs.

If that makes you unhappy, then we can let Erase Customization do the
same thing it does now.  (Not that there's currently no way to show
the standard value of a widget without applying it.)  No biggie.

> So you would need at least one extra button.

Nope.