Re: coding tags and utf-16

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: coding tags and utf-16
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:05:59 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     As Werner wrote, his method is still in progress.  And, it
>     seems that "emitting warning" is an important point in his
>     method.  But I think it's not a trivial change to enable
>     Emacs to emit warning while (or after) detecting a code.

> Why is that hard?

I didn't say it's hard.  I don't know how hard it is at the
moment.  But, my gut feeling is that the required change is
not simple and not suitable for the Emacs of the current
stage.  First of all, we must start from deciding a precise
recipe of how and when to emit what kind of warning in which
case.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden