Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 08:03:06 +0100

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:19:45 -0400,
in <address@hidden>,

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let's move it to files.el and rename it to
> directory-listing-before-filename-regexp

Quoting the GNU coding standards, updated January 1, 2005,

      Please do not use the term "pathname" that is used in Unix
   documentation; use "file name" (two words) instead.  We use the term
   "path" only for search paths, which are lists of directory names.

                    --- Section 6.1, (info "(standards)GNU Manuals")

The document explicitly states that "file name" should be spelled
with two words.  If that's no longer considered important, perhaps
the standards document should be updated to reflect this?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>