Re: Mouse-1 behaviour changed in gnus?

From: public
Subject: Re: Mouse-1 behaviour changed in gnus?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:06:36 +0000

Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden> writes:

> I found that the problem only occurs when the cursor is not inside the
> *Article* buffer. So it probably is related to this change:
>

> 2005-12-27  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>
>
>       * mouse.el (mouse-drag-region-1): When remapping mouse-1 to
>       mouse-2, go back to previously selected window, so it's
>       selected when mouse-2 command runs.

I updated from CVS last week for the first time in months, and one thing
I noticed happening was that sometimes, when the frame is split into two
windows, and I click with the mouse-1 button on a link in the
non-selected window (such as in a *Help* buffer, or on a URL highlighted
by goto-address in a text buffer), instead of following the link,
whatever random text happens to be in the clipboard (?) is pasted at
point in the selected window.  It is as if, instead of clicking mouse-1
on a link in the non-selected window, I had clicked mouse-2 somewhere in
the selected window.  Using mouse-2 follows the link correctly.

This only happens sometimes, and I have not come up with a recipe to
reproduce it reliably, so I didn't report it, but it looks possible that
the change Piet quoted above might be implicated.

Peter