Re: rogue option init-file-user

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: rogue option init-file-user
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:27:05 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>       It seems to me that to change this
>     variable in a way that actually works, the user should use a command
>     line option such as -q or -u.  Setting or saving it through Custom
>     appears to make little sense.
>
> What do others think?

I think that in the long run, it should be possible to save
customizations in several different files.  When loading customization
files, some variable property would keep track where to save changes
for that variable.  This property would be set to user-init-file for
custom-file by default.

However, that's not something to think about before the release, I
guess.  Short of that, I'd take custom-file out of customize for now,
and just make it a defvar.

I don't think a separate command line option is necessary.