Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:52:01 -0500

    After some more thinking, "Erase Customization" is indeed confusing,
    as in several places in the Customize docs, the word "customized
    value" is used in the sense of "set but not saved".  For instance:

I am not conviced this is really confusing, but if it is, I would
rather change the documentation, and maybe the name of
`customize-customized'.

    Set for Current Session
    Save for Future Sessions
    Undo Edits

Undo Edits seems clear at least.

    Revert to Saved
    Revert to Standard

I don't see that "revert" is clearer than "reset".