Re: Problem of auto-fill-mode for wide character

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Problem of auto-fill-mode for wide character
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:20:33 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think in Chinese, all Chinese characters (except punctuations)
> should be registered.  And it seems that the following punctuations
> should be registered as 'kinsoku-bol' (all punctuations refered here
> are wide ones):

>       &#65504;&#65505;&#65509;%

At least the last one (FULLWIDTH YEN SIGN) should not be in
kinsoku-bol because we Japanese write a price as "¥100".
When we write "YEN" at the end of numbers, we usually use
Han character "円" as "100円".  I don't know the correct
usage of FULLWIDTH CENT and POUND signs in CJK context, but
as we write both "$100" and "100$", I think cent and pound
are also used before and after numbers.

> Since the followings does not frequently appear in Chinese text, I'm
> not sure whether they should be registered:

>       #$&'*+-/@0123456789

They should not be registered because I think they can
appear both at the beginning and end of line.

> (Whether or not 'kinsoku.el' is applied for English texts?  I didn't
> see '%' in 'kinsoku-bol'.)

% can appear both at the beginning and end of line too.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden