Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:12:28 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I think I agree with the change from "Reset to Current" to "Undo Edits".
   But before we do it: does anyone object to that?

I installed this change yesterday evening before receiving your
message containing the quote above.  I have been asking whether there
were any objections against "Undo Edits" for eight days now (that was
seven yesterday), which is longer than usual, and I took the following
quote from one of your earlier messages as an OK to go ahead:

       Undo Edits

   Undo Edits seems clear at least.

There has been a lot of discussion on this thread already.  I believe
that I took all objections that have been formulated against my
various changes into account.  Any further objections would likely be
from people who did not read this thread and would only see the changes
after they were installed anyway, even if we waited still one extra week.

If there would be a flood of objections against "Undo Edits", we can
always change it back.

Sincerely,

Luc.