Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:08:25 -0600 (CST)

Kim Storm wrote:

   - For choice values, replace the old [Value Menu] Value
     by the more common [Value v] (where v is a "pull down" icon)

I personally find [Value Menu] clearer.

   - Remove the empty line between the [STATE] line and the documentation.

That empty line was added between 21.3 and now.  I do not know the
reason for that.  It might be because some people thought that the
empty line made things look clearer, or it might be related to the
fact that the widget library sometimes _needs_ blank lines between
certain types of widgets to function properly.  I personally ran into
some not immediately obvious instances of that.  (Though not with this
particular empty line.)

I think that it definitely would be a bad idea to remove the line
without knowing why it was added.  Is this really important enough to
worry about?

Sincerely,

Luc.