Re: Further customize buffer de-cluttering

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Further customize buffer de-cluttering
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:33:23 -0600 (CST)

Kim Storm wrote:

   I noticed that there is no item on the State menu to reset a face to
   the standard value [with emacs -q].  Is that ok?

Yes there is.  "Reset To Saved".  In `emacs -q', "saved" and
"standard" are identical.  (You have exactly the same situation for
the whole buffer buttons.)

With `emacs -q' you can not write into .emacs.  I believe that it is
called "Reset to Saved" instead of "Reset to Standard", because
"Reset to Standard" has a connotation with erasing a line in your
Custom file.

`emacs -q' is not exactly the ideal way to test out Custom stuff.

Sincerely,

Luc.