Re: Emacs antialiasing in X

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Emacs antialiasing in X
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:35:03 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

>>  In emacs-unicode-2, I'm using README.unicode and
>>  ChangeLog.unicode.  NEWS etc. are not yet written.

> I appreciate that you're trying to help (really!) but I don't
> understand what you're telling me yet.  I'm concerned because there
> are merge conflicts in the plain "ChangeLog," etc., files.  If I am
> going to merge the branches I have to resolve those, don't I?

I thought you are going to make a new branch, say
emacs-unicode-2-xft from the current emacs-unicode-2.  Then,
what I suggest is to use something like ChangeLog.xft for
the changes you are going to made on that new branch.

In the future, emacs-unicode-2-xft branch will be merged
into emacs-unicode-2, and then emacs-unicode-2 branch will
be merged into the main trunk.  Or, we may merge
emacs-unicode-2 to the main trunk at first, create a new
branch emacs-xft from there, merge emacs-unicode-2-xft into
emacs-xft, and when emacs-xft gets stable enough, merge it
into the main trunk.

On those merging, there should be no conflict in ChangeLog
if we are using different file names.  And after the merge,
we can insert ChangeLog.unicode and ChangeLog.xft in
ChangeLog.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden