Re: Emacs antialiasing in X

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: Emacs antialiasing in X
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:31:52 -0500

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Yes, because those files have not been changed.
>>
>> I don't mean to be difficult, but I think "CVS merge" disagrees with
>> you.  If they had not been changed at all, wouldn't it leave them
>> untouched when I merge the XFT branch into the unicode-2 branch?
>
> One would think so.  However, when I merge stuff from HEAD to the XFT
> branch,

If you've been doing that, it explains everything.

> I get conflicts in files I know I have not modified.  Probably some
> merge expert can explain why that happens.

Are you keeping a tag on the trunk for the last revision you've merged
into your branch?  If so,

     cvs up -jLastMergeTag -jHEAD

should get you an incremental merge with no bogus conflicts.  And then
I could use your LastMergeTag to merge with emacs-unicode-2 with fewer
conflicts as well.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting