Re: Emacs antialiasing in X

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: Emacs antialiasing in X
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:19:01 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> 2006/1/17, David Abrahams <address@hidden>:
>> > No tag, but you can use the date specifier, the cvs log message gives
>> > the date.
>>
>> Thanks, I'll do that.  FWIW, if you do use such tags you can
>> substantially reduce the number of conflicts you see upon merging.
>
> This whole conversation is making me very nervous ....

Me too.  If I have to learn and install a whole new version control
system just to contribute to a project that's actually officially
stored in CVS, it raises the barrier to entry considerably.

> I also merge into the emacs-unicode-2 branch (using arch), and this is
> normally pretty easy.  I'm afraid that a botched merge (all too easy
> with CVS) into that same branch will make things very painful for me.
>
> Jan, how many changes are there in the XFT branch, compared to the trunk?
>
> If it's not many, how about instead I update my XFT branch in arch
> (it's out of date because it got merged into from the trunk, which
> caused lots of problems for my syncing scripts, but I can just
> probably just recreate it from scratch), then merge that into the
> unicode branch (using arch), and make a new combined branch, and then
> make a new CVS branch from that...?

Well :)

That's certainly an attractive idea from my point of view!  Please do
it; I'll be very glad not to have to worry about that step.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting