Re: Q on read-file-name and completion-ignored-extensions

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Q on read-file-name and completion-ignored-extensions
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:00:49 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
minibuffer-complete doesn't only do completion.  It also lists
possible completions.  When it does completion it does take
completion-ignored-extensions into account.  When it lists completions
it doesn't.  Just like the docstring says.

Maybe I missed something here, but my Emacs from 2006-01-06 does not say so. And it sounds very confusing. Is there a good reason for this?