Re: GNU Emacs CVS HEAD:

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs CVS HEAD:
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:58:13 -0500

    I have some idea.  What I see in the debugger is that, when loadup
    comes to load cyrillic.el, the file just before indian.el, it
    repeatedly calls `openp' to load code-pages.el, but never closes the
    resulting handle.  The reason it doesn't close it is that, after
    `openp' returns, Fload checks if we are in recursive load cycle, and
    finds that we are! (After the loop which looks at Vloads_in_progress,
    `count's value is 4.)  It then calls Fsignal to signal this error, but
    since we are in a protected form, Fsignal just unwinds there, and the
    load continues (or so it seems).

It seems there are two bugs here.  One is that it recursively
loads one file.  The other is that it doesn't close the handles.
Perhaps that's due to a missing unwind_protect.