C-a in minibuffer

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: C-a in minibuffer
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:41:29 -0600

In the minibuffer, C-a used to move the point to the beginning of the
editable text (the end of the prompt).  Now it moves to the beginning
of the minibuffer.  (`beginning-of-line' versus
`move-beginning-of-line', I suppose.)  Is this an intentional change?
(The "Minibuffers for File Names" section of the Emacs manual assumes
the older, in my opinion more useful, behavior is in effect.)

Jay