Re: --no-desktop broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: --no-desktop broken?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:00:34 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:18:31 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Only the first solution loads desktop.el, and I agree that it is not
> a good solution.  The remaining two solutions don't load desktop.el.
> They use the autoload cookie.

Are you sure?  I didn't have time to try your proposal, but the hook
it uses references 2 desktop.el symbols which are both autoloaded from
desktop.el.

Even if today it won't load desktop.el at startup, some future change
in that hook might cause it to be loaded, especially if we don't even
say in a comment there that the hook is supposed to ignore
"--no-desktop" without loading the package.