Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:45:47 +0200

>       OTOH, links are underlined blue and don't need
>     additional markup like square brackets.
>
> Not on a tty they aren't.  There is no underlining.
>
>                                           So I propose not to display links
>     in square brackets even on a tty and to update the manual:
>
> No, please don't install that.

I don't insist on removing square brackets.  I only wanted to make the
appearance of buttons and links consistent at least on same display types.

Currently there is the following inconsistency on the link appearance:

on graphics terminals:
links in Customize   - underlined blue
links in Info        - underlined blue
links in Help        - underlined

on xterms:
links in Customize   - underlined blue with square brackets
links in Info        - underlined blue
links in Help        - underlined

on ttys:
links in Customize   - blue with square brackets
links in Info        - blue
links in Help        - no highlighting at all

I propose to change them according to the following scheme (I'm still not
quite sure about adding blue to links in the Help buffer):

On graphics terminals:
links in Customize   - underlined blue
links in Info        - underlined blue
links in Help        - underlined (blue?)

On xterms:
links in Customize   - underlined blue
links in Info        - underlined blue
links in Help        - underlined (blue?)

On ttys:
links in Customize   - blue
links in Info        - blue
links in Help        - blue