(emacs)Antinews

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: (emacs)Antinews
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:08:08 +1300

 > What is the meaning of the following paragraph in `(emacs)Antinews'?
 > In as far as I know, Emacs does still not (by default) respond to the
 > described clicks in an xterm.  Was this paragraph added in the short
 > period that xterm-mouse-mode was enabled by default?

Yes, I think so.

 >                                                     I propose to
 > remove the paragraph.
 >
 >    * On an xterm, Emacs provides a more convincing simulation of a
 >      text terminal by not responding to mouse-clicks on the mode-line,
 >      header-line, or display margin.

You pushed to disable this feature, now you're trying to remove references to
it.  There seems little point in adding features if its hard for users to find
out about them.  How about:

    * On an xterm, Emacs provides a more convincing simulation of a text
      terminal by being unable to respond to mouse-clicks on the mode-line,
      header-line, or display margin.

Nick