Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:59:09 +0200

> Currently thumbs.el stores all thumbnails as jpeg images.  Some image formats
> such as xpm allow transparency (do M-x thumbs on emacs/etc/images, for
> example).  When converted to jpeg a transparent background is converted to a
> black one, so if the foreground is also black you see nothing.
>
> There has been a discussion about formats before and I don't wan't to undo
> any of that.  How about the change below which creates thumbnails in the
> same format as the image when its xpm xbm or pbm, and uses jpeg otherwise?

Could you change it to generate thumbnail images according to the
Thumbnail Managing Standard?

I now have 4 (!) thumbnail directories that all share the same purpose:

~/.emacs-thumbs
~/.emacs.d/thumbs
~/.thumbnails
~/.tumme

This is ridiculous.  Let's unify them all before the release.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/