Re: Documentation for car and cdr

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: Documentation for car and cdr
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:25:36 +0100

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 10:35:32PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

[...]
> That has not been established.  And even if it had, a one-liner
> description in a doc-string is likely to be convenient and helpful.

Sorry for chiming in into an already long thread, but by past experience
(esp. with Emacs docs) I'm with Alan on this one. A small pointer (those
by Alan or Miles seem quite good) which might lead the reader into the
right direction is much better than nothing. Even if they are a bit
blurry. Stating that the pointer *is* indeed an oversimplification and
providing a link into the doc for the ``whole story'' makes up for any
Semantical Incorrectness. Imho.

Thanks
-- tomas