Re: tumme directory

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: tumme directory
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:10:46 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> I noticed that tumme.el has been checked into Emacs.  In the
>> interest of minimizing the number of dotfiles in the user's home
>> directory, I propose changing tumme-dir default from "~/.tumme/" to
>> "~/.emacs.d/tumme", and changing tumme-db-file,
>> tumme-temp-image-file, and tumme-gallery-dir accordingly.  Any
>> objections?
>
> This would not make sense when tumme is also used with XEmacs.  A
> similar objection would hold with .gnus and similar.

I'm not sure tumme would work with XEmacs. If IIRC XEmacs handled
inserting of images differently. Of course, it could probably be
fixed, but I just wanted to mention that such a limitation currently
exists. I don't use XEmacs.

I would not have anything against changing the default value to
"~/.emacs.d/tumme" if people find it makes their home directory less
cluttered.