Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:11:27 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > That is also my point of view. Can these two modes be "merged"
>  > together ?  That would, at least, solve two of our problems.
>
> Clearly merging them together would solve the problem.  The hard
> part is working out how to do it and finding someone to invest the
> time.

As I explained earlier, I have tried to put as many features of thumbs
into tumme, as per Richard's request, so that it should be able to
replace it. From a feature-perspective, that is, being able to do X or
Y, it is almost complete. What differs, or is missing, is better
usability, and I hope I have started cover that with the example
additions/changes I posted earlier.

I think we should wait until people have tested and commented on them
before we discuss this merge further.

One more thing: yes, we could do this the other way around, merging
tumme stuff into thumbs, but in my opinion that would take more time
to do. Of course, I am biased.

/Mathias