Re: listp docstring.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: listp docstring.
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:54:27 -0600 (CST)

Maybe I should point out that the references to "list" in the
docstrings of car and cdr are not as ambiguous as the one in listp,
because these docstrings do contain a reference to "cons cell or nil"
in their second line.  This seems (to me) to make the meaning clear.
The present `listp' docstring contains no such reference.

Docstring of car:

     Return the car of list.  If arg is nil, return nil.
     Error if arg is not nil and not a cons cell.  See also `car-safe'.

     See Info node `(elisp)Cons Cells' for a discussion of related basic
     Lisp concepts such as car, cdr, cons cell and list.