Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:26:37 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > What I want to see is one thumbnail viewing package
>  > that is easy to learn to use in a simple fashion,
>  > and is also powerful.
>
> Yes, and I want world peace and racial harmony.  Your expectations are always
> high and IMHO, sometimes unrealistic, particularly if you want all this for
> Emacs 22.

Really? Nobody promised that emacs 22.1 would get released in 2006.

Nothing indicates it will happen...

E.g. tumme.el (which even the author says is "not complete") was added
in December 2005 -- who knows when _that_ is ready for release?  If
tumme is not ready for release, neither is emacs 22.1!

Actually, nobody promised that 22.1 will ever be released!

But who cares?  Somebody already released 23.1 months ago :-/