Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:35:31 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Why is it necessary to call tumme-setup-dired-keybindings?
> It would be nice to make that unnecessary.
>
> Then renaming tumme-dired to thumbnail-dired would make
> it convenient to start tumme.

The only reason it is necessary is that I did not yet want to make
tumme's bindings on by default. Me and you discussed this and you said
that having the C-t prefix in dired bound to tumme commands would be
harmless as C-t currently does not mean anything in dired. That is
probably easy to fix and if people is OK with it I think we should do
it.

The other issue was the commands to go to next and previous line, on
the same time advancing the thumbnail displays. These are currently
bound to S-C-down and S-C-up. What you suggeste here was to try and
make dired-next/previous-line check if tumme was active or not, and do
the right thing.

None of the above is done yet.