Re: Required GTK version

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Required GTK version
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:35:13 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

On Fri, Jan 27 2006, Jan D. wrote:

The way to make items of unequal width changed from GTK 2.2 to GTK
2.4 in an incompatible way.
Thanks for your explanation.

So I can make your example work, but then we would have to require
GTK 2.4 or newer.  Maybe that isn't such a big reuirement now that
2.8 is out.
I don't have a strong opinion on this.
FWIW, SuSE 9.2 (which is more than one year old) has GTK+ Version
2.4.9, SuSE 10.0 has GTK 2.8.  Which version of GTK is included in
Debian (stable)?

What concern for Emacs 22 is the version of GTK+ in Debian stable?

I don't know, but perhaps Debian stable is a good distribution to look at, since it contains stable (i.e. old :-) stuff? Anyway, debian.org lists Gtk+ 2.6.4 for stable, so I have bumped up the required version to 2.4. The narrow separator example works now.

   Jan D.