Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:34:24 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     I think we are miscommunicating. I just renamed `tumme-dired' to
>     `tumme-dired-with-window-configuration', because that is what it
>     basically does, opens dired in the directory specified by the user and
>     creates the window configuration that *I* think works quite well, but
>     which there have been discussions about.
>
> Are you going to make another way to enter tumme Dired?

Actually I don't understand what you are asking? Do you? :)

 All `tumme-dired' really did (well it still does, but under a new
name) was to start Dired in a directory specified by the user, create
two new buffers (one for the thumbnails and one for the image display)
and set them up in a "convenient" window configuration.

 Creating those buffers was never been a requirement for tumme to
work, it was just done so that the window configuration could be set
up. Tumme has always created the buffer it needs when it needs it. For
example, `tumme-display-thumbs', that maps over marked files in dired,
will always create the thumbnail buffer if it isnt there, and the
command that displays the image will create the image buffer if it
does not exist.