Re: ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: ebrowse.el uses the C-c b as a prefix key...
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:58:05 -0700

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
I just noticed today that ebrowse.el uses the C-c b key sequence as a prefix key.

The Elisp Reference Manual, section 'D.2 Key Binding Conventions' mentions that the sequence C-c followed by a letter is reserved for users. Is the reference manual wrong or ebrowse.el uses a key sequence reserved for users?

This is indeed a bug in Ebrowse.  We ought to change it.  However, I
don't know what alternative prefix to suggest, because I do not use
Ebrowse.  I am not really sure what it does.

Can peopel who use Ebrowse please suggest what might be a good
replacement for C-c b?

I don't use Ebrowse, but `C-c C-b' seems like an obvious choice...

Are these commands used in all buffers?

According to the Finding and Viewing node of the Ebrowse manual,
they are used in C++ source buffers.

`C-c C-b' is already bound to c-submit-bug-report in C++ Mode buffers.
How about `C-c C-f' and/or `C-c C-v', which aren't bound, as mnemonics
for "find" and "view"?

What do they do?

They display the declaration or definition of a class member.

--
Kevin Rodgers