RE: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:55:49 -0800

    > The problem (annoyance) is that with many (all?) such mice it
    > is easy to
    > accidentally press the wheel while trying to rotate it (the
    > rotation finger
    > movement ends similarly to a press movement). In Emacs, this
    > results in a
    > rotation (wheel) event followed by a mouse-2 event, which is
    > rarely what you
    > want. This can be disorienting for a gnubie (e.g. unexpected
    > pasted text),
    > and it is anyway annoying for oldbies.

    This is already fixed (a long time ago) in the mwheel package used
    with X (at least).

Great. I didn't realize that.

    Perhaps you are on Windoze which IIRC has native mouse wheel support
    but might not ignore mouse clicks while scrolling...

Yes, I am on Windows; I should have made that clear.

"So, how about adding the fix to Emacs with native mouse-wheel support (e.g.
Windows) also?", he suggested with trepidation.