Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:15:57 +0000

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem (annoyance) is that with many (all?) such mice it is easy to
> accidentally press the wheel while trying to rotate it (the rotation finger
[...]
> WDOT? Is this something that could be tackled before the release? If not,
> could we put it on the to-do list for after the release?

That sounds like a cool feature that Kim added yonks ago (see
ChangeLog entry below).  It seems to work here.

2002-11-29  Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>

        * mwheel.el: Avoid accidental yanking of text while scrolling with
        the mouse wheel.  This adds a short period after each mouse wheel
        scroll event where a click on the mouse wheel button is ignored.
        (mouse-wheel-click-event, mouse-wheel-inhibit-click-time): New customs.
        (mouse-wheel-click-button, mwheel-inhibit-click-event-timer): New vars.
        (mwheel-inhibit-click-timeout,mwheel-filter-click-events): New defuns.
        (mwheel-scroll): Add mwheel-filter-click-events as pre-command-hook.
        Start mwheel-inhibit-click-event-timer with timeout handler
        mwheel-inhibit-click-timeout.