Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 14:56:17 +0200

> Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:21:55 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: Drew Adams <address@hidden>, Emacs-Devel <address@hidden>
>
> Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> > This is already fixed (a long time ago) in the mwheel package used
> > with X (at least).
> >
> > Perhaps you are on Windoze which IIRC has native mouse wheel support
> > but might not ignore mouse clicks while scrolling...
> >
> Windows uses the code in mwheel.el. Only the names of the events are
> different, and this is taken care of
> by variables in mwheel.el.

Right, and indeed when I try this in today's CVS on Windows, I see no
problem at all.

Here's my recipe:

  . Start emacs -Q
  . Visit some file and copy something into the kill ring with "M-w"
  . Scroll down in the buffer by rotating the wheel, but apply
    pressure to the wheel, so that it clicks all the time during
    scrolling

I don't see any text being yanked during the scroll.  So it seems to
work as intended.