Re: drag and drop support status

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: drag and drop support status
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:53:07 +0900

> In man/dired.texi:
>     @cindex drag and drop, Dired
>       On the X window system, Emacs supports the ``drag and drop''
>     protocol.

> And in man/files.texi:

>       Secondly, Emacs supports the ``drag and drop'' protocol on the X
>     window system.  Dropping a file into an ordinary Emacs window visits
>     the file using that window.  However, dropping a file into a window
>     displaying a Dired buffer moves or copies the file into the displayed
>     directory.  For details, see @ref{Drag and Drop}, @ref{Misc Dired
>     Features}.

> Does this now work on MS Windows and MacOS?

Strictly speaking, this works on Mac OS X/Carbon and Mac OS
Classic/Carbon builds, but doesn't work on Mac OS Classic/non-Carbon
build.  But I think it is OK to say "This also works on Mac OS"
because this distinction is too detailed to mention in
platform-independent sections and the Mac OS Classic/non-Carbon build
is really minor.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden