Re: Can someone verify my changes to tumme and dired?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Can someone verify my changes to tumme and dired?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 00:33:47 +0100

Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> writes:

>> I just read the newbie documentation about CVS on Savannah. Just so
>> that I don't break anything I started out small, by merging in my
>> latest changes from my local tumme.el into the current one in CVS. I
>> also added the key binding C-t d, bound to `tumme-display-thumbs',
>> in dired.el.
>
> I forgot to say that I am very proud to have successfully defeated the
> "vi-monster" on level "cvs ci filename", getting a correct change log
> comment and a level up as reward.

Just edit the stuff.  When finished with editing, use
C-x v =
in order to get the diff to the original state.

Move around in the diff or the original source, use
C-x 4 a
for adding a change log entry for the current diff.

When you are done with all files and changes, save, then use

M-x cvs-examine RET RET
(assuming you are already in the correct directory)
mark all changed files with m and then commit with C

You'll never get into contact with vi or similar.