Re: bug: move-beginning-of-line fails to respect fields in custom buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bug: move-beginning-of-line fails to respect fields in custom buffers
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:09:04 +0900

2006/2/7, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden>:
> It must be due to this line in move-beginning-of-line:
>
>     ;; Take care of fields.
>     (goto-char (constrain-to-field (point) orig (/= arg 1) t nil))))
>
> What should that line say?

That line looks correct; the problem seems to be that
`constrain-to-field' only pays attention to text-properties, not
overlays (whereas most of the field functions pay attention to both).

I've committed a change to make constrain-to-field use
Fget_char_property instead of Fget_text_property, which appears to fix
this problem.

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.