Re: better "pr" with gdb-6.4

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: better "pr" with gdb-6.4
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:08:47 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > Well the same logic applies to these too, you cannot do:
>  >
>  > p C-VAR
>  > pp
>  >
>  > or
>  > pp C-VAR1 C-VAR2
>
> Most Emacs users/developers probably don't have GDB 6.4 so you would at
> least need to give your function a different name.

Perhaps, for portability, could .gdbinit do something like
globally:
 set $argc = -1
and then the pp functions could test if $argc >= 0 to
recognize GDB 6.4 ?

> I have a couple of other functions that just work when the selected frame is
> Ffuncall, for printing all the argument names.  Are they generally useful?

Seems useful, but why have to functions which does the same thing?

Actually, it would alse be useful if you could enhance
xbacktrace to recognize when the current frame is Ffuncall and
print the args at that level  (maybe for other functions too).