Re: font-selection seems broken for many non-ascii charsets

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: font-selection seems broken for many non-ascii charsets
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:45:24 +0900

2006/2/7, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden>:
>        (set-default-font (car (x-list-fonts
> "*-shinonome-gothic-medium-r-*-16-*")))
>        Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Font
> `-shinonome-gothic-medium-r-normal--16-150-75-75-c-80-iso8859-1' is not
> defined")
>
> That ought to be pretty straightforward to debug, no?

You are absolutely right -- but the problem seems to have gone away.
When I came into work this morning, X failed to start, and after
everything was finally working again, Emacs worked fine too.

Part of the problem with X was that some symlinks used in the font
paths had been removed, so I'll tentatively say that the problem was
with that, not Emacs (though for some reason, only Emacs seemed
affected yesterday, no other apps had problems).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.