Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:59:15 +0200

> Okay okay, sorry for not being precise enough, it does not work as it
> is *now*, for me. I'd be happy to add some more advanced way of
> handling this, later.

But then it does not work for you even now, i.e. after invoking
`tumme-display-thumbs' you should wait the same amount of time.

> I was referring to the file size. I don't remember how big a
> difference there was between a PNG and JPG of the same dimensions but
> at least when I created thumbnails for my 3000+ images I found the
> difference in file size to be too much.

With a good image quantization algorithm (like NeuQuant used in `pngnq')
you can get PNG files with smaller sizes and better quality then JPEG
files with the same dimensions.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/